Join an established and growing industry leader committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges through innovative people movement insights and advice. Does the opportunity to work with a portfolio of clients in sports, healthcare, transport, culture and security sectors, in a fast paced, innovative environment sound like the step you are looking for? As part of our rapid growth in the UK and Middle East, we are looking for a skilled and motivated Advisor to work at GHD within our Movement Strategies team. People movement is not simply a theoretical exercise. It changes the way individuals experience spaces, which not only improves their visit, but makes the space safer, more efficient and more profitable. We work with many high-profile clients and on projects across the globe to make better buildings, places and communities. Our understanding of people movement allowed us to support our clients with their response to COVID-19 and continues to influence the shape of the world around us.
This role offers the opportunity to work with market leading expertise across a wide range of sectors globally. As an Advisor, you will apply the technical skills and knowledge that underpins our advice to support the senior team to meet client briefs. Your role will develop as your knowledge of our business and technical skill increases.
The position is offered as part of the EMEA GHD Advisory team and may reside within any of our offices in the region. We also offer flexible working arrangements and will consider candidates looking for both a full-time and part-time positions.
- Confidently apply standards and methods to different scenarios providing recommendations of techniques to be used to achieve the desired outcome.
- Ownership of elements of the project as guided by Project Managers and Project Directors such as planning and oversight of client observations and surveys, developing static and dynamic models, writing first draft versions of technical reports.
- Ensure quality assurance of your own work and through collaboration with team members, perform quality control checks on the work of others.
- Help win work by bringing ideas on innovative approaches or client use cases to the team, writing technical proposals and marketing materials.
- Provide technical supervision to interns and Masters students.
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role working on multiple concurrent projects, providing accurate analysis and interpretation that delivers to client requirements.
- Strong ability to articulate principles of modelling with solid understanding of industry standards and guidelines.
- Exposure to and application of some of the following packages: Legion, Pathfinder, Mass Motion, GIS, Viswalk.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills with a good standard of written and spoken English.
In addition to a competitive salary, we provide attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, private medical insurance, and flexible work arrangements.
We are professional, friendly and passionate about the work we do and strive to lead within our field. As a company we encourage individual achievement and recognise the strength of a diverse workforce and are committed to fostering gender balance, diversity and inclusion. We aim to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to gender reassignment, age, disability, religion, or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, or race.