Are you interested in why people behave the way that they do? We are growing our team delivering work involving research into understanding human decision-making, actions and interactions, along with the factors that influence these, on bespoke projects. Our team also conducts leading research into pedestrian movement behaviour and crowd dynamics. We are seeking people with experience in this area, including Human Factors, Psychology, Research Methods, Operational Research, project management (this list is not exhaustive, please contact us to discuss further). Working with the UK Advisory Movement Consulting team, this position offers the opportunity to support the development of the Movement Strategies presence and market share as part of GHD’s global growth. Movement Strategies is the leading people flow consultancy worldwide with an unrivalled list of iconic clients and projects – from Tower of London to the Olympic Games, from Wimbledon to the Hong Kong Jockey Club, from Sydney New Year’s Eve to Dubai Metro.
We are looking for a candidate to deliver advice to our clients on their people movement challenges, supporting them with solutions that can make their venue, facility or community a more enjoyable and safer place to visit, live or work.
Your role will include working on a range of research and innovative consultancy projects of different types and scale, with the opportunity to lead on some aspects or some smaller projects. This will include interface with the client as well as working with colleagues from across the business to ensure the delivery of high-quality work. There will be opportunities to develop the role in different directions as your knowledge of the business and our consultancy offer increases.
Some of the activities you will undertake will be to:
- Develop research plans and conduct tests and interviews on site to collect data.
- Analyse and interpret quantitative and qualitative data.
- Develop varied training material, including interactive exercises.
- Take ownership of elements of projects such as planning and oversight of site observations and surveys, monitor revenue forecasts, writing technical reports and client management.
- Support the delivery of scoping at both proposal and project stages.
- Ensure quality assurance, perform quality control checks on technical analysis and interpretation of results of the junior team.
- Identify opportunities to develop new techniques, enhance outputs and improve processes (e.g., to meet delivery timescales) .
- Provide training and knowledge sharing in areas of skill including guiding junior staff members.
- Provide input into business development activities including crafting client use cases, writing technical proposals and marketing materials.
The position is offered as part of the UK Advisory Movement Consulting team and can reside within any of our offices in the UK. We also offer flexible working arrangements and will consider candidates looking for both a full-time and part-time positions.
- Relevant consultancy/and or practical research/training experience, with a strong performance record.
- Demonstrable experience in a similar consultant/researcher role working on multiple concurrent projects, providing accurate analysis, interpretation and appropriate recommendations, writing technical reports that delivers to client requirements.
- Experience in data collection using varied methods including surveys, questionnaires, interviews.
- Sharp analytical mind with proven experience in applying well-developed problem-solving skills (quantitative, conceptual, analytical).
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and with people across all levels in an organisation.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Good project-related commercial and financial awareness.
- Evidence of new business development and securing repeat business would be an advantage.
- Degree in a relevant subject. Examples may include (but are not limited to): Mathematics, Mathematical Modelling, Psychology, Data Science, Operational Research, Physics, Engineering and behavioural sciences e.g., Social Science, Behavioural Economics, Human Geography, etc.
We are committed to the success of our people which is why we want to create the best employee experience that supports each member through all the stages of their career. Here is what we offer:
- A competitive salary
- A comprehensive benefits package: pension, medical insurance, income protection, 25 days holiday with the option to buy an additional 4 weeks
- Enhanced parental leave
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – cycle to work, discounted gym membership, season ticket loan, discounts on retail & wellbeing classes
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
- Wellbeing resources and tools, and demonstration of our commitment to wellbeing by signing up to the Mental Health at Work Commitment
- Team led flexible working
- Opportunities to grow your skills and shape your career towards technical expertise, developing the market or leading a business or team
- International, multi-cultural team of highly motivated individuals
- An exciting referral program (bring people with you)
Interested? Please apply via the link below.
Not quite the right role? Check out our other Business Advisory data focused roles on the Movement Strategies and GHD websites, as well as Linkedin and Ocalecloud.com