Are you keen to develop your career in pedestrian movement and modelling? Does the opportunity to work in stadia, healthcare, transport, culture and security sectors, to name a few, in a fast paced, innovative environment sound like the step you are looking for? As part of our rapid growth in the UK and Middle East, we are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Graduate Advisor to work within our Movement Consulting team.
Working with the UK Advisory team, this position offers the opportunity to support the development of the Movement Strategies presence and market share as part of GHD’s global growth.
People movement is not simply a theoretical exercise. It changes the way individuals experience spaces, which not only improves their visit, but makes the space safer, more efficient and more profitable. We work with many high-profile clients and on projects across the globe to make better buildings, places and communities. Our understanding of people movement allowed us to support our clients with their response to COVID-19 and continues to influence the shape of the world around us.
We are looking for a candidate to work within the Movement Consulting team to support with the delivery of projects from day one. Your role will develop as your knowledge of our business and technical skill increases, initially you will:
- Support across a range of sectors developing an understanding of the standards and methods that are applied to different scenarios and the techniques used.
- With support from senior consultants, deliver and be accountable for developing static and dynamic models, preparing reports and providing findings and recommendations based on the analysis and data.
- Work alongside Project Managers to manage client expectations, carry out site observations and present project outcomes.
- Help win work including writing technical proposals and marketing materials.
- A degree in a relevant subject including but not limited to mathematics, economics, statistics, operational research, geo-spatial analysis, physics, organisational psychology, transport and engineering.
- Demonstrable experience and confidence analysing and interpreting data.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office especially Excel. Awareness of the following packages and their applications is helpful: Legion, Pathfinder, Mass Motion, GIS, Viswalk, CAD etc.
- A good standard of written and spoken English.
In addition to a competitive salary, we provide attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, private medical insurance, and flexible work arrangements.
We are professional, friendly and passionate about the work we do and strive to lead within our field. As a company we encourage individual achievement and recognise the strength of a diverse workforce and are committed to fostering gender balance, diversity and inclusion. We aim to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to gender reassignment, age, disability, religion, or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, or race.
If you have any questions about the role please contact Fiona Lockwood, HR and Operations Manager firstname.lastname@example.org.