This role will be based in our London, England office though we are willing to consider applications for this to be a remote working role.
As a Managing Consultant, you will lead project teams and take ownership for the delivery of projects. Your focus will be on ensuring quality acting as a technical lead and providing project narratives. You will support our senior leadership in the day to day operations of the business. As your knowledge of our business and consultancy skills increase, your role will develop. Initially you will:
- Lead delivery of scoping at both proposal and project stages, ensuring junior team follow standards, methods and techniques.
- As Project Manager, design project workstreams and lead full life cycle of projects; including regular reporting on project progress, revenue forecasting, client management and marketing collateral.
- Perform quality control checks on technical analysis and interpretation of results by the junior team. Lead of advice changes prior to final sign off.
- Build capability within the team by providing training and knowledge sharing in technical area based on company strategic targets.
- Be aware of business pipeline ensuring resourcing is sufficient and leading operational changes for success.
- Support Associate Directors with growth through business development activities, network connections and by participating in marketing activities.
- Responsible for the wellbeing of the team and developing and coaching junior team members.
Demonstrable experience in the application of pedestrian, crowd or evacuation modelling tools and concepts as a technical lead or a strong consulting background in a related field or sector.
- A standards and quality driven management style with the ability to mentor, motivate and guide a team.
- Evidence of new business development and securing repeat business across a range of industry sectors.
- Experience within some of the following packages desired: Legion, Pathfinder, Mass Motion, GIS, Viswalk.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills with a strong standard of written and spoken English.
In addition to a competitive salary, we provide attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, private medical insurance, and flexible work arrangements.
To learn more about us and read case studies on the types of projects we have worked on, please have a look at our website.
If you have any questions about the role please contact Fiona Lockwood, HR and Operations Manager email@example.com
We are professional, friendly and passionate about the work we do and strive to lead within our field. As a company we encourage individual achievement and recognise the strength of a diverse workforce and are committed to fostering gender balance, diversity and inclusion. We aim to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to gender reassignment, age, disability, religion, or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, or race.