This role will be based in our client office in London, England office.
As a Transport Project Owner, you will manage the Transport sprint team and be responsible for delivery of products to a wider range of UK clients across the highways and rail sectors. Your focus will be on ensuring timeliness and quality of our product deliverables and supporting the commercial team in their discussion with existing and potential clients to grow and develop the transportation products.
As your knowledge of our business and skills increase, your role will develop. Initially you will:
- Lead the sprint team delivering the development of new and improved transport methodologies and products
- Working with the Transport team scrum master, who is responsible for ensuring the team lives agile values and principles and follows the processes and practices that the team agreed they would use, to ensure deadlines are met by the efficient and appropriate allocation of tasks to the team members.
- Lead on the scoping discussions to support the commercial team during the pre-sales process.
- Where required, lead on regular reporting on delivery progress with Clients and lead on all stakeholder management activities.
- Oversee the junior team, establishing quality assurance processes and reviewing technical analysis, interpretation and insights.
- Deliver technical reports and data outputs ensuring it meets client needs
- Commercial experience using SQL to manipulate large data sets, including use of indexes and spatial queries ideally in transport sector
- Track record of managing, leading and developing teams on multiple concurrent projects and delivering against challenging deadlines as part of a client facing team
- Strong ability to provide appropriate insights and recommendations through analysis and interpretation of data that resonate with stakeholders
- Competent in writing technical reports that deliver to client requirements
- Experience in a client facing role
- Knowledge and experience working with Agile methodologies is beneficial
- Strong demonstrable skills using one or more data engineering/science languages such as SQL, Python (including data analysis and visualization libraries like Pandas, NumPy, Matplotlib…)
- Strong demonstrable skills using data visualisation tools such as Tableau and GIS is preferable
In addition to a competitive salary, we provide attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, private medical insurance, and flexible work arrangements.
To learn more about us and read case studies on the types of projects we have worked on, visit our website at www.movementstrategies.com.
If you have any questions about the role please contact Fiona Lockwood, HR and Operations Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
We are professional, friendly and passionate about the work we do andstrive to lead within our field. As a company we encourage individualachievement and recognise the strength of a diverse workforce and are committedto fostering gender balance, diversity and inclusion. We aim to provide equalemployment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants withoutregard to gender reassignment, age, disability, religion, or belief, sex,sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy andmaternity, or race.