Are you interested in why people behave the way that they do? We are growing our team delivering work involving research into understanding human decision-making, actions and interactions, along with the factors that influence these, on bespoke projects. Our team also conducts leading research into pedestrian movement behaviour and crowd dynamics. We are seeking people with experience in this area, including Human Factors, Psychology, Research Methods, Operational Research, project management (this list is not exhaustive, please contact us to discuss further). Working with the UK Advisory Movement Consulting team, this position offers the opportunity to support the development of the Movement Strategies presence and market share as part of GHD’s global growth. Movement Strategies is the leading people flow consultancy worldwide with an unrivalled list of iconic clients and projects – from Tower of London to the Olympic Games, from Wimbledon to the Hong Kong Jockey Club, from Sydney New Year’s Eve to Dubai Metro.
We are looking for a skilled and experienced candidate to play a leading role in the Movement Consulting team based in the UK. The team is recognised as the industry leaders worldwide in the provision of advice to clients on their people movement challenges, delivering solutions that can make their venue, facility or community a more enjoyable and safer place to visit, live or work. We are also considered as thought leaders, contributing to guidance, training and undertaking pioneering research.
Your role will be to plan, direct and deliver client work as well as contributing to building the pipeline of incoming project work. There will be opportunities to develop the role in different directions as your knowledge of the business and our consultancy offer increases.
Some of the activities you will undertake will be to:
- Develop research programmes for continued testing and leading data collection via interviews and other methods. This will include site visits within the UK.
- Lead on analysis and interpretation of quantitative and qualitative data.
- Overseeing the development of training material, including liaising with other teams in GHD and junior colleagues.
- Deliver scoping on all projects at both proposal and project stage as a technical lead; communicating to junior team standards, methods, techniques.
- Design project workstreams and manage full life cycle of projects; including but not limited to, regular reporting on project progress (both finance and deliverables) and revenue forecasting including invoicing, stakeholder management, overall deliverables, contractual terms, understanding and mitigating risk and marketing collateral.
- To be responsible for projects and proposals, often in a Project Manager/Project Director role overseeing the full project lifecycle and leading on stakeholder and client liaison.
- Contribute to business pipeline and to raise the market presence to increase awareness of our offer and generate leads through network and attendance of events, and marketing activities.
- Support in growing the business both through business development activities and building capability within the team.
- Contribute to the business planning process and to regularly monitor delivery against targets within the plan.
- To drive innovation within the business, including the identification of opportunities to develop new techniques, enhance outputs and improve processes (e.g., to meet delivery timescales).
- Provide training and knowledge sharing in technical areas as well as business related skills.
- Provide guidance and coaching for the wider team.
- Create marketing material e.g., project case studies, blogs and presentations.
The position is offered as part of the UK Advisory Movement Consulting team and can reside within any of our offices in the UK. We also offer flexible working arrangements and will consider candidates looking for both a full-time and part-time positions.
- Demonstrable experience in managing data collection using varied methods including surveys, questionnaires, interviews.
- Ability to analyse quantitative and qualitative data to identify key insights and effectively present the data to communicate these findings.
- Excellent technical report writing skills.
- A strong reputation as a true all-rounder, with equal strengths ranging from technical to advanced soft skills.
- Demonstrable experience in establishing and building strong client relationships across multiple industries and geographies.
- Ability to manage relationships with key executives and a network of professional organisations or affiliations.
- Track record of sustained success in new business development and maintaining and developing key client relationships to ensure profitable business workstreams.
- Demonstrable experience in project management and delivery.
- A standards and quality driven management style with the ability to mentor, motivate and guide a team.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills with a strong standard of written and spoken English.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and with people across all levels in an organisation.
- Degree in a relevant subject. Examples may include (but are not limited to): Mathematics, Mathematical Modelling, Psychology, Data Science, Operational Research, Physics, Engineering and behavioural sciences e.g., Social Science, Behavioural Economics, Human Geography, etc.
We are committed to the success of our people which is why we want to create the best employee experience that supports each member through all the stages of their career. Here is what we offer:
- A competitive salary
- A comprehensive benefits package; pension, medical insurance, income protection, 25 days holiday with the option to buy an additional 4 weeks
- Enhanced parental leave
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – cycle to work, discounted gym membership, season ticket loan, discounts on retail & wellbeing classes
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
- Wellbeing resources and tools, and demonstration of our commitment to wellbeing by signing up to the Mental Health at Work Commitment
- Team led flexible working
- Opportunities to grow your skills and shape your career towards technical expertise, developing the market or leading a business or team
- International, multi-cultural team of highly motivated individuals
- An exciting referral program (bring people with you)
Interested? Please apply via the link below.
Not quite the right role? Check out our other Business Advisory data focused roles on the Movement Strategies and GHD websites, as well as Linkedin and Ocalecloud.com