The quality of environment and level of service offered at sporting venues, arenas and major events is constantly evolving, with these leisure facilities being recognised as a driver for regeneration, business and tourism.
For all our clients we help to make their assets safe and secure and provide a great experience for the visitor. For the owners and operators and their architects we help deliver assets that make efficient use of space and that are cost effective to build and operate, while being flexible and resilient. Our advice draws on our understanding of spectator behaviour in different environments, using insights gained through our varied experience and our ability to capture and interpret people movement patterns from data.
We help our clients ensure that their customers have the best experience possible by:
- Supporting the design of new venues, from feasibility through to opening by advising on design standards, experience and space planning.
- Analysing transport accessibility and defining appropriate transport strategies to ensure that visitors can access and egress a venue safely and conveniently.
- Optimising operations and increasing capacity/throughput of existing venues by advising on process design and management.
- Employing behavioural design concepts to influence the use of space through information, environments and messaging.
- Providing ongoing support and post-occupancy evaluation services to ensure that venues stay relevant to the demands.
Typical services include:
- Masterplanning multi-venue events;
- Demand forecasting;
- Stadium and arena design;
- Planning and licensing support;
- Capacity assessments;
- Evacuation analysis;
- Event overlay design;
- Security overlay design;
- Crowd safety, security and risk management;
- Venue operations planning;
- Operations observation and analysis;
- Operations real-time monitoring and analytics;
- Transport planning;
- Venue extension and construction phasing.
We have worked with some of the finest sports
and entertainment venues in the world.
Recent projects include:
- Supporting Tottenham Hotspur with the design and delivery of a 61,000 seat stadium;
- Supporting the masterplanning, delivery and operations of the London 2012 Olympic Games, acting in the role of lead crowd movement consultant;
- Advising Olympique Lyonnais on operational readiness and the opening of their new stadium.
- Crowd movement advisor to the All England Lawn Tennis Association for the masterplanning of the Wimbledon Tennis Championships;
- Informing the design of service enhancements at the O2 Arena, including the new retail concepts;
- Supporting the planning, delivery and operational readiness for the Baku 2015 European Games;
- Leading the crowd movement component of a Qatar 2022 World Cup Stadium.