Transport nodes are the welcome point to cities and serve as a focal point of social interaction. The role of transport nodes has expanded beyond the functional, with them now being perceived as destinations in their own right and catalysts for regeneration.
We bring the unique ability to combine established planning and design skills with leading data insights and analytics. Our services provide tangible benefits to stakeholders across the sector: owners, operators, contractors and multi-disciplinary teams. Our track record in the rail sector is particularly strong
We recognise the importance of capturing robust current year data as a solid foundation for assessing a suitable range of future year scenarios. We work collaboratively with project owners and key stakeholders to accurately capture the existing issues and opportunities and communicate our findings clearly, simply and in an engaging manner.
Key to our approach is the appreciation that the transport experience doesn’t start at the transport node itself. We advise our clients on how to accommodate the end-to-end journey of their passengers and how to optimise the experience at every touchpoint via physical and digital means.
Our range of skills and varied backgrounds enables us to advise on many different facets of the transport experience, such as:
- Working with designers and operators, providing planning, crowd simulation and value engineering services (e.g. design assurance and enhancement, gateline assessments, feasibility studies)
- Demand forecasting, catchment and competitor analysis using big data insights e.g. franchise bids
- Supporting contractors on project delivery through construction phasing analysis
- Data collection and use of cellular and WiFi data
- Ticketing, pricing and service development using big data insights
- Working with research partners on future passenger demands
- Behavioural studies.
Our team has worked on some of the most
prestigious transport infrastructure projects across the globe, including metro
and rail projects in Australia, Hong Kong, Malaysia, China, UAE, South America,
North America and across Europe.
Most recently the team has been advising on:
- Advising Network Rail on the expansion of Glasgow Queen Street Station, undertaking complex detailed simulation models and design advice;
- Supporting Dragados with the development of the Bank Station capacity upgrade works – with design support, value engineering and construction phasing;
- Working with Cubic and Maynard on Future Railway initiatives such as the Future Gatelines project;
- Supporting Abellio with station improvement works and revenue protection measures by providing simulation and data capture services.