This research is intended to provide a better foundation for the scope, refinement and integrity of our current practice - allowing us to work more credibly and expand into new sectors while continuing to adopt the latest techniques available. We are already working with a number of organisations in our research efforts.
- Lovreglio, R, Kuligowski, E, Gwynne, S, Boyce, K, A Pre-Evacuation Database for Use in Egress Simulations, Fire Safety Journal, 2019 (in Print).
- Intini, P, Ronchi, E, Gwynne, S and Pel, S, Traffic Modeling for Wildland–Urban Interface Fire Evacuation, J. Transp. Eng., Part A:Systems, 2019, 145 (3): 04019002
- Gwynne, SMV and Hunt, ALE, Testing Evacuation Models, Pedestrian and Evacuation Dynamics, 2018.
- Gwynne, SMV and Hunt, ALE, Deducing the Impact of Excluding Social Groups When Modelling Pedestrian Flow, SFPE EXTRA, 30, June 2018.
- Gwynne, SMV, The Unintended Consequences of Ignoring Evacuee Response, Fire and Evacuation Modeling Technical Conference (FEMTC) 2018, Gaithersburg, MD, USA, 2018.
- Ronchi, E., Kuligowski, E. & Gwynne, S. Fire Technol (2019) 55: 387. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10694-018-0807-y
- Gwynne,S.M.V., Hunt, A.L.E., Thomas, J.R.,Thompson,A.J.L. and Séguin,L., The toilet paper: Bathroom dwell time observations at an airport,Journal of Building Engineering, 24,2019, 100751.
- Gwynne, SMV, Ouellette,J, Brown, R and Kinateder, M Developing a Notation for Mapping Evacuee Performance, Interflam 2019,Interscience, 2019.
- Johansson, A, Ronchi, E, Gwynne, SMV, Thompson, A, and Thomas, JR, Quantifying the Impact of Luggage on Aircraft Deplaning Scenarios, Interflam 2019, Interscience, 2019.
- Kinsey, M, Gwynne, SMV, and Kinateder, M, Burning Biases: Mitigating Cognitive Biases in Fire Engineering, Interflam 2019,Interscience, 2019.
- Gwynne, SMV, Modelling and Mapping Wildfire Evacuation, Keynote Presentation, IFireSS 2019, Ottawa, Canada, 2019.