WHAT WE DID
Our involvement at the early stage in Masterplanning the Olympic Park included the following activities:
- Development of Games-time Spectator and Workforce demand forecasts
- Definition of crowd density standards
- Assessment of the layout of the Park, the proposed visitor access points, and pedestrian routes
- Integrating the venue design proposals with the Olympic Park masterplan
- Developing a risk assessment framework and strategy for a Park-wide evacuation.
As a separate project, we supported the Populous and Buro Happold Design Team for the Olympic Stadium, assessing the capacity of the podium and proposed operational plan in both the Olympic Ceremony and FIFA World Cup configurations.