WHAT WE DID
Our work informed:
- Crowd modelling and simulation inside and outside the stadium for ingress, egress, and emergency evacuation conditions. This work has informed the masterplan, detailed design (bowl, vertical circulation, concourse areas, landscape etc.) and planning approvals
- Crowd safety and risk advice for the operation of the former stadium during multi-phase construction operations
- Concept of operations for enhanced security regime for football and NFL supported by crowd simulation
- Crowd safety and risk assessment to support the successful case for the demolition of heritage buildings
- Concept of operations for VIP entry arrangements
- Food & beverage service supported by crowd simulations
- Compliance with public safety guidance
- Transport data collection and analysis for the Transport Plan and Transport Assessment, underpinning the planning approval
- Detailed design advice
- Design standards and requirements.
Our innovative crowd safety and risk assessment work secured the demolition of listed heritage buildings, which was a key issue in delivering the 2015 planning permission.
Our input and expert advice has greatly influenced the detailed design of the stadium, including many aspects of the seating bowl,vertical circulation, food & beverage areas, security screening areas and external landscape.
Our crowd modelling and simulation has fundamentally influenced the stadium design, and that of the podium on which it sits. We provided assurance to the Club and its many stakeholders that the stadium is both safe and secure.
Our work defined the footprint for enabling commercial development by the Club, and for the adjacent masterplan for the regeneration of the wider Tottenham area.
The former stadium continued to operate safely while construction of the new stadium was carried out around it. We helped to develop the plans and were responsible for gaining a safety licence to operate, while maximising capacity.
We have worked on behalf of the Club to ensure that the transport network is capable of accommodating the increase in spectator numbers. This has resulted in the delivery of a successful planning application and also informed the re-design of key transport interchanges serving the ground.